Sunday, January 9, 2011

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

A year ago I was just beginning my relationship with the Book Doctor. Have twelve months truly passed? Thanks for coming along on the ride with me.

For the new year, I talked about goal setting. Still important. This year finds me in a different place. I need inspiration. Do you feel the same way? Or did the calendar page turn find you eager to start anew?

Here are some of the places I've found inspiration during this season of struggle and self-doubt:

  • Friends. One friend wisely pointed that I have entered a new stage in my writing career, and of course I should expect problems with adjustment, but that it would come. Wow! I'm perfectly normal.
  • Rest. I've been sick for four weeks with the same cold/intestinal bug that is bothering a lot of people this winter. So I've gone to the doctor, taken my medicine, rested extra and tried to take care of myself.
  • God's Word. From the challenge in Proverbs to live a disciplined line to the promise in 1 Corinthians that God has affirmed the gifts of speaking and knowledge within me, God gives me that little bit of encouragement and challenge I need every day.
  • Tune out. After a week of "playing" on the computer instead of writing, I decided to do something drastic. I left the computer off until the evening and wrote everything longhand. It worked!
  • Family. I spent a wonderful evening with my engaging toddler granddaughter Jordan, once again seeing the world through her eyes.
  • Deadlines. A powerful motivator to fix the problem.

What are some things you need to renew and renergize when life gets you down?

No comments:

Post a Comment