Sunday, November 21, 2010

Thanksgiving

This week Americans will be celebrating the day set aside to give thanks for the abundance of things God has provided for us. So I will turn our thoughts towards a writer's thanksgiving and invite you to share your thoughts.

  • Which writing tool are you most thankful for?

Having begun my writing career on an electric typewriter, I am most thankful for my computer! And as an author of historical fiction, I'd be lost without http://etymonline.com/.

  • Which writing friend(s) are you thankful for?

God blessed me this year with new critique partners: Susan, Cindy, Carla. And God did something special when He crossed my paths with Christian reading enthusiast Beverly, who has become a stalwart supporter. And there are soooo many others!

  • Which book have you read this year that you are most thankful for?

My favorite nonfiction was 90 Minutes in Heaven, especially when my own dear mother went home to be with the Lord less than a month after I read it. No, I won't repeat my annual books in review. For fiction, I'll just mention Stealing Home by Allison Pittman, the Carol award winner, as one of my favorites.

  • What has happened in your writing journey that you are thankful for?

God has built my tribe and given me contracts ... and I've matured as a professional over the last twelve months. Thank you, God!

I could say a lot more - but I'd love to hear from all of you!

1 comment:

  1. Darlene, it's been a busy year and I'm so glad you turned my thoughts back to how blessed it's been.
    What tool am I most thankful for?
    My netbook! I got it early this past year and it has been amazing. I love the compact - LIGHT - size and especially the long battery life (9hours)
    Which writing friends? I am so blessed with long-time friends who still gather around me for encouragement - esp my crit partner - Vonda Skelton. I've also been blessed by new friends and especially you and Sandi.
    Books? I can't even begin to name them all!!!
    Writing journey?
    That's another when where I don't know where to begin. God has truly blessed me with exceeding abundance! But I'm thankful for the way God has brought me to this blog community. And I'm so very grateful for my book contract with Lighthouse Publishing of the Carolinas. Fighting Fear, Winning the War at Home will come out next fall.

    ReplyDelete